Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tecnological Advances

I like the concept that knowledge "belongs to us as a culture." It's so true. There have been many times in the past where knowledge has been restricted from some people. Now it is virtually impossible to hide knowledge from someone. With sources being more and more accessible the only thing truly holding people back from gaining a wealth of information maybe the fact that they lack the capacity to learn.

Dr. Miller started in Part 1 discussing how gone are the old ways of the library and printing books, but I'm starting to think that library databases will be obsolete soon as well. Typically there are huge databases containing a lot of useful information for students and people seeking out detailed, legitimate information, but it has been withheld from them. Databases are usually only accessible to students if they belong to a library and know how to access them. Now things like iTunesU are popping up making knowledge easier and easier to access.

I wouldn't necessarily say I am ready for the multimedia classroom. Honestly, I feel rather technologically illiterate at times myself, but I am more than willing to accept the challenge. No one can be 100% tech literate. There is just way too much technology out there to be familiar with it all. I hope that my students will be more than willing to learn about technology and figure out how they can apply it to the classroom themselves. Even if I don't end up being the most tech-savvy teacher ever, I hope I can drive my students to want to learn and to be able to cross over their tech knowledge into the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. ":but I am more than willing to accept the challenge.": That's all I hope for.

    An excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of technology out there, but don't let it overwhelme you, just take what Dr. Strange teaches you and master those techniques as best as you can. With you attitude about this, I'm sure you'll do just fine as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete