Saturday, October 3, 2009

iTunes U

iTunesU border="0" />
I think that iTunes U could be a very beneficial teaching tool. It could also be a very useful tool for those who choose to use it. However, I'm not so sure that is will benefit people who are not directly connected to a university that is utilizing iTunesU. Most students that use iTunes only use it for recreational purposes. They use it to download music or movies. Most of them are aware of pocasts, but rarely look at them, and I did not know anyone who uses iTunesU for anything before this class.

I must point out though that I do not think that it is a waste of time. For those who do use it, I am more than positive it is an extremely useful resource, but I think it would be more beneficial in some elementary or secondary classrooms unless a college class is directly creating something for iTunesU. This is the sort of tool that students need to know how to use and apply at a young age in order to appreciate its full potential. After learned at a younger age, its benefits can be transferred to college students, but I think it's a hard thing to try and teach college students to utilize right now.

1 comment:

  1. The Mitchell College of Business at USA plans to have all of its lectures on iTunesU by the end of next semester and after that will not give lectures in any classes. The College of Education will begin moving in that direction next semester. In fact, I hope to have all instruction for EDM310 into videos with class time for support and practice.

    ReplyDelete