Saturday, October 3, 2009

Integrating iPods in Education

Integrating iPods into Education




Wow! I had NEVER heard of this before. At first when I was reading up on Duke University's use of iPods I wasn't totally convinced on its value. Everything I found was about its initial integration into the university so I was unsure of how exactly they were being used to benefit students (http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/2005/12/ipodupdate.html). However after researching some other sources on the idea I began to realize that iPods can be extremely beneficial if used correctly.

I personally am an English Language Arts major so when I read the article found at http://www.schoolcio.com/ShowArticle/1014 I began to realize how easy it would be for me to use right now and later on in when I'm teaching in a classroom. I am a Spanish minor so I can see how an iPod could benefit me by allowing me to listen and practice Spanish skill. Also, I can see how it could be beneficial to teaching for me because I could utilize audio books to help illustrate a point to my future students.

2 comments:

  1. Make those links into buttons. Instructions can be found on the class blog: Adding buttons to blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get an iPod, be sure and get an iTouch. I think a camera will be added to the iTouch soon. But you never know!

    ReplyDelete