Sunday, October 11, 2009

Interesting Things of New Media Literacies

As I was researching this project, I stumbled upon a blog that they post. One of the more recent postings on it came from a conference someone attended this summer. While there a ninth grader gave a five minute presentation on how video games can correctly be integrated into the classroom. First of let me mention how impressed I was with the young girl's professionalism, but I also was impressed with how well thought out all her points were. For a student to truly learn, please don't make it obvious that the video game is a learning experience. It won't work. Students have to be thoroughly engaged to enjoy the game. It has to be a game they would want to play anyways. As she said, kids are surprisingly smart. They are more than capable of applying their video game knowledge to the classroom.If you would like to view her video CLICK HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Great. I will make use of this video in the class I am taking on Tuesday nights. Thanks for it!

    ReplyDelete