Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wikipedia

The sources of Wikipedia revealed.


I have never been a big fan of Wikipedia. The only time I have ever found it useful is when I'm trying to recall who sang what song in last season's American Idol. Other than that sort of trivial thing, Wikipedia is anything but reliable. After reading about things that have been covered up by major corporations on Wikipedia, I'm not very surprised.

In general, I still don't think it's wrong to view a Wikipedia page while researching, but I definitely believe everything should be double checked. I would never put something I found on Wikipedia in a paper I write unless I found the same information from another resource. Even then I would cite the credible source not Wikipedia. Trusting Wikipedia to be a reliable source is not worth risking my grades on.

1 comment: