Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My College Experience

I think I missed the point of this video. Yes, I completely believe the statistics that this video showed, but I do not believe that the life of a student is as depressing as the video makes it out to be. It felt like the creators of this video were trying to show how hard the life of a student is, but I feel like there is still a piece of the puzzle I'm missing. Does the creator of this video have a plan on how to fix any of these issues we face today?

I don't feel like my life as a student is quite as sad as this video makes college life seem. A lot of the issues that were showcased seemed to be issues that could be changed for the better with little to no effort on the student's side. Yes, many professors don't know their student's name, but that doesn't mean they are fully to blame. I feel like there should have been a piece in this video that showed how many students actually interact with professors outside of class. For me there was an element of hope missing. To me there is always something prosperous to look forward to, but that was no where to be seen in this video.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting comments. Sounds like your classes, in general, have been more productive. I remember from my college experience that my second worst professor was the teacher in the course I liked the second or third best of all I took. World Religions. I studied on my own and learned a lot and enjoyed it. The teacher didn't get in the way. He just didn't help. But today most courses at state universities are huge (in the hundreds). So far, USA has escaped. But we will soon move in that direction I fear.

    ReplyDelete