Sunday, August 23, 2009

Into the Life of Emily Carlson

First off, I am a Secondary English Education major here at South. I chose this because my ultimate goal is to get my masters in Teaching English as a Second Language, and this seemed like the most direct path to do so. For all my life I always wanted to go away to college, but my senior year in high school I went through some tough things and decided it was not a good time for me to leave home. I am really glad I made this decision because I absolutely love South Alabama.

Last semester by a fluke I decided to write my own name in for SGA senator and got three of my friends to do the same. Someone had told me that I would need 25 votes to win as a write in so I thought there was no way I would win. Apparently if there is an empty seat in a college, they take any write in they can get and I am now an SGA senator. So, if anyone wants any help getting something done around South just let me know and Iwill be glad to help.


1 comment:

  1. So we have a real live politician in this class! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete